Sunday, November 23, 2008

World record

I went over my boss' house Friday after work. We invited one of our friends who was laid off. We had some drinks, watched Iron Man, played risk and drank some more. I wanted to go home at the end of the night because I don't like being offered to stay the night due to my stupidity. I drank too much and didn't want to be a burden. Granted, staying was the smart choice since driving in that condition would've
been terrible.

Her kids love me to some odd reason. I've noticed most kids do. I don't think I've paid them much attention until last night, which makes it all the more amusing. Her 4 year old was drawing me pictures and her seven year old was being a typical boy and jumping around. He eventually got tired and laid down on the couch next to me. The he kept scooching over until he was laying against me. My boss gave me this look like "Wtf? Is he bothering you?" and it was far more amusing than bothersome. It was actually cute.

I spent the night and left around 10. I couldn't have been anymore pale. I felt like shit. I made it home at some point, I have no idea what time. And I've been sleeping since. I think it's been about 19 hours at this point. I'm a mess :-P

2 comments:

Aek said...

I love kids! Most kids like me too, if I'm around them for more than 15 minutes or so. That's so cute though. :D Kids are wonderful.

That's ridiculous on the sleeping record, btw. I almost never sleep more than 8 hours, 10 hours max. I hope you're feeling better now. :P

Crash said...

The best part is I kept sleeping after I posted this! I slept for roughly 23-24 hours. I feel awesome. Went to watch Quantum of Solace today for the second time. I completely missed out on Saturday due to the sleeping all day thing.

Back to the subject of kids, not all kids are awesome, it depends on the parents. I can usually stand kids but when the parents don't care enough or the parents themselves have attitude problems then you have a rotten kid and they're just annoying to be around. But these kids were more or less well behaved. I mean, they were "hanging with the adults" and we were paying attention to them so I'm sure that's why they were getting a little wild but it was fine, they weren't being bothersome. My boss was telling me that they woke up around 7 and wanted to come downstairs and pounce on me. So glad they didn't let them cuz I would've thrown up all over the poor children :(. Apparently they were SO happy that I spent the night and look forward to my return.

I'll never understand why kids like me so much. Maybe it's because I look like a kid :-P