Monday, November 10, 2008

Music - part one of many (and a job offer too!)

I'll most likely keep you guys informed as to music I hear that I like. I like music and it plays a big part in my day so you'll most likely see these posts every now and then. The artist I discovered last night while on youtube was Maria Mena. She has the most amazing voice and she's beautiful to boot. I'll try to embed the video below (the video says embedding was disabled by request and won't give you the code so I'm playing around with it :-D)

apparently that didn't work...so just click here to see it. It seems they really did disable embedding, it's not that they don't show you the code and hope you're too dumb to figure it out. Anyway, she has a simply amazing voice.

EDIT:
I was at work today when I checked my email and saw a linked-in message. Normally I ignore these because they're recruiters and they annoy me. This one was different, though. It was from the NY Times. They're seeing if I'm interested in a position as a Senior Developer. This sort of scares me. I've never understood the divide between Junior and Senior level anything. It seems purely subjective to me. Also I've only been at the company for a year at this point so it leads me to doubt whether I'm qualified for a Senior level position. I have no way of finding out unless I ask though so I responded and I'm hoping to hear back.

3 comments:

Planetx_123 said...

Good luck on the job opportunity. I like the song. I love her voice- her timbre and the way they've mixed it in the verses sounds very raw and I love it... a little bjork-like in parts (just inflection I guess... maybe not). I saw Sarah Bereillis in Nashville last Sunday and while I like this better, because its more emotive- this reminds me of the show a bit. Regarding junior or senior- I have only worked in this one shop, and here its almost completely arbitrary and subjective.

Steve

Crash said...

if you liked that, listen to "Miss You Love" by her. The verses are wonderfully expressive even if it's a bit of prose on top of music but the chorus is simply amazing. Also thanks for wishing me luck. This is strictly us feeling eachother out I think. Maybe we'll get somewhere, maybe not. We'll see.

Aek said...

Woah! Good luck with that at the NY Times!! That'd be an awesome opportunity, no?