Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Recent Goings-on

So much shit has been going on; mostly with work.  As you know, they laid off all those people and now there are a total of 3 of us working like crazy on all these brands to get everything live.  It's the most tedious and repetitive work.  I prefer a challenge not monotony.

Enough about work, I've been feeling very depressed lately.  Not in the way you're probably thinking, though.  I've been feeling very "blah", not "The world is against me!  I want to die!".  Maybe it's seasonal, though this never happened before.  In some regards I should be happy I'm healthy, I have my handful of friends, and my family.  But lately I've been feeling like I don't want to go anywhere, do anything...I don't know.

I want to see if I go snowboarding with a few people from work next weekend.  I've never snowboarded before, I've only been skiing.  I've been wakeboarding, that was difficult but I got the hang of it after a while, though I wasn't very good.  It should get my mind off things.  Life just isn't what I remember.  The simplicity of being a kid is gone.  Responsibility takes over and I feel thrust into it.  I'm still impatient, cocky, and to some degree, immature.

I just feel terribly short-sighted.  Like I don't know where I'm headed.  I guess we all feel that way though.  There's a degree of uncertainty to all our lives.  I just never had it staring me in the face, never had to think about it before.  I've also been craving someone to hold and someone to hold me.  I've felt this before and it only lead to trouble.  But here it is again.  I mean, I have somebody that likes me...a lot.  but I'm just not interested in her.  I'm fairly picky with my choice of girls, and even pickier when it comes to guys...that doesn't make it easy to find someone - throw in some shyness and you have yourself a whole slew of reasons why I'm single.

Oh well.  We'll see where I go from here

1 comment:

Aek said...

I feel that version of depression a lot. It sucks. I hope it gets better soon for at least one of us. :)