Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow - Lots of It

It was snowing this morning when I went to work. It had only accumulated on my car and continued that way throughout the day. When I got out of work, however it was a different story. It's accumulating. Luckily I just got my new tires so I was doing fine.

I have a phone interview with a company on Friday. So far they seem impressed. I find that slightly shocking because My resume really only includes 1 job in my field though I have been there for about a year and a half. Apparently though my resume seems weak, the code samples I sent were good enough to get me the interview. The recruiter called me today to tell me about the interview and also told me my writing was impressive. I guess being a grammar nazi pays off :). I only hope I do well on the phone interview; I have no idea what he'll be asking.

I went to my uncle's on Saturday night. He called me on Saturday and asked me to come over and we'd watch the Super Bowl on Sunday. Oddly enough I ended up not watching it. I was having far too much fun playing Wii with my cousin. My boss called me up on Sunday and offered me the day off on Monday. I took it and stayed over an extra night. It was good because I got a few things done. I rewrote my resume and fixed a few things at my uncle's. My cousin then came home from school and I helped him with his homework.

I sometimes hate myself though for my lack of patience. We were working on his homework and for the math, he didn't want to focus. He doesn't like math. He's good at language (English, Spanish, French) and spelling, but doesn't like math. Being a math, grammar guy myself I sometimes forget it doesn't come as naturally to others. I found myself getting aggravated. Luckily I caught myself; I later apologized. He knew the steps he had to take and he knew the math, it was just that his head wasn't there. Once we moved on to the other subjects it was a breeze. He just needs a push for math and I can understand that. History and I didn't get along when I was in school and I'd just about fall asleep while doing the homework. He was getting that sleepy look on Monday while doing the math.

All in all, it was a good weekend. Though I think I'm getting sick.

1 comment:

Aek said...

Awww, little cousin!! :)

It's great that you're helping him, even if you're lacking some patience. I think I'm a little too patient with people sometimes.

History and I didn't get along in high school. It actually got better in college, though I was able to choose what kind of history to study. That probably had a huge factor in it.