Saturday, February 21, 2009

How? Always!

I went to watch a movie with a friend tonight. We watched "Taken". It was quite good, really good, actually. Anyway, after I got out of the movie it was about 10 and a few friends from work called and asked if I wanted to go to a lounge. I reluctantly agreed. It sounded loud but being that it was a lounge I figured I'd try it out.

When I got there I almost wasn't allowed in due to dress code. I got there and it was REALLY loud. It was basically a club with some couches and ambient lighting. I wasn't a fan. Two of the people from work were fighting because one was jealous (they're dating) because their SO was "flirting" with one of the other guys. Cluster-fuck, really. I drove home shortly after arriving.

On the way back home there was a car going south on the northbound side of the Garden State Parkway. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. He was in the left lane (his right) and I must've been doing 90 before I saw him. It's a good thing I was in the middle lane, as usual or I would've hit him and the combined speed would've been well over 120MPH.

I got home safely, obviously, and I'm off to bed. What a fucked up end to an otherwise ok day.

1 comment:

Seth said...

gotta love the GSP. well, ok, its not as bad as the Turnpike, but still.
Every so often you hear about the wrong way drivers - either a drunk maniac, a senile old person, a felon, or just a plain moron.

Good thing you avoided anything serious!! Sorry the lounge thing sucked, as they usually do LOL.

:)