Friday, February 13, 2009

Productivity is Relative

I spent all day on the phone with AT&T. I sat at my desk at work just fucking with my phone, really. I wanted to be able to send MMS. I bought a phone for $330 plus a 2 year contract, damn right I'm getting MMS! Hell, my VX9800 and VX6000 could send MMS! I called tech support a minimum of 5 times today just fucking with settings on my plan. Finally by around 9:30PM or so I was able to get MMS working. It took a long time but it was worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I worked today. I got everything done that was assigned to me. I just devoted most of my time to my phone. I was able to send and receive messages just a few minutes ago. I'm hoping I'll be able to still send and receive tomorrow, a week from now, a month from now, etc. I've heard this can be finecky and work for maybe only a day or work for a few months and then stop. We'll see.

All-in-all, it was a fun day. I got to be so many different people while on the phone. I gave one lady a brow-beating over the phone for telling me the iPhone can't MMS and I was the funniest, nicest guy with another lady. I was the "I know how you system works so just do this and don't ask questions" guy with 2 people, and the helpless customer with another. A great experiment in social engineering, really. Quite amusing to see how different people react to different personalities.

No comments: