Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Breakfast Battlescars and Linux Too

What a day. Let me back up a bit and mention that I was at my uncle's place this weekend and there was a nice snow storm on Sunday night through Monday afternoon. No work for me because I couldn't get anywhere and didn't have my laptop to even work from home. I played Xbox 360 all day with my cousin. Good times.

I woke up this morning to get ready for work, took a shower, got dressed and then proceeded to help my uncle with breakfast. It wasn't complicated, it was ham, egg, and cheese on a bagel. Stupid me got the idea to put he cheese on the bagel while it was in the toaster oven so it would melt a bit only I touched the top of a toaster oven that had just turned off mere seconds earlier. I've got a nice burn on my hand. My "breakfast battlescar."

I got home after work and started fiddling, as I tend to do, because my parents got me a cable box for my room. I had given up on TV because I couldn't fit one if I wanted to fit my desk in my room. I got a Hauppauge HD-PVR last week (I shouldn't have because now I'm broke but that's besides the point) and now I can watch TV using my computer and even record it! Well, that was the idea anyway. I had installed Kubuntu Intrepid Ibex (8.10) a few weeks ago and I've loved it. Today, however, I'm hating it. I'll probably love it again when I get this working but so far I've been messing with it for 3 and a half hours trying to get it to compile correctly.

I love computers, I swear. It's just a love-hate thing.

No comments: