Sunday, October 26, 2008

Poker Champ

Went out last night with a few people from work.  We had a poker/UFC night at Dan's house, he's the IT manager.  He's a funny guy.  As soon as I got there he had a beer and did a shotgun...he had to be toasted by the end of the night.  His brother made the strongest Long Island Iced Teas I've ever had.  We started playing poker around 6:30-7:00.  It wasn't looking very good for me, I had 5 chips left.  Somehow I started winning...a lot.  Dan's neighbor tried to knock me out by putting me all in.  I ended up taking him out shortly after that.  I'm not sure if it was the alcohol or some skill starting to manifest itself but I started hustling them and bluffing (I've never been good at poker mainly because I didn't understand it until recently).  I baited Nick, one of the guys in my department, towards the end too.  I checked for a few rounds and saw he had something and let him bet.  Towards the end I upped his bets by nearly 2-3x to beat his hand with a straight.  Knocked him out on that one.

In the end I won 2 games of poker and lost the last one.  It was only a $10 buy in because we were playing for fun.

I was driving home and shortly after getting off the highway I encounter a red light.  There's a Mustang next to me (2000's body).  I'm not really in the mood to race so I take it easy and now we're both cruising at 40 in a 35.  Out of nowhere an older style Maxima flies past us on the wrong side of the road as if we're not going fast enough for him.  We pull up to the next red light and this asshole is in between lanes!  I stop behind him and so does the Mustang.  The light turns green and the Mustang turns left and I go around the Maxima on the right.  I'm sure he was caught off guard by both of us.  Now I'm cruising again and he tries to go around me on the left again only this time it's only one lane.  I throw it into 2nd and floor it because I'll be damned if I let him do that again.  Apparently the earlier model Maximas have quite a bit of power because he clearly won by about a car length and moved back over barely in front of me and started to slow down.  I didn't say I was done...so I kept the throttle pinned and didn't budge when he tried to move in, thus going around him.

I'm not saying it was smart...but it sure as hell was fun.

Then i went to bed feeling great....and woke up with a bit of a headache.  I figured I'd eat something because it was about 1PM when I woke up.  My stomach didn't really like that and shortly thereafter the toilet and I were face to face.  I still haven't eaten anything since.  Funny part was I actually thought of thejoefrom1993's video where he said he had a phobia of throwing up.

On the bright side, no headache anymore.

No comments: