Friday, December 18, 2009

Drama

A little backstory, I went Christmas shopping with my uncle and cousin and he got to pick out whatever he wanted in Hollister. We got him about $300 worth of stuff. I told him all of it was for Christmas so he couldn't wear it until then with the exception of picking one outfit that he could wear on Christmas. His father let him put on a sweater/shirt thing last week which I didn't agree with but whatever, he's his father. I found out he put on one of the hoodies last week as well, without asking anybody. When I asked him, he then lied to me about it and made up some story. In some way I'm glad he's afraid of me enough or respects me enough to lie to me. On the other hand, he lied to me. I finally got him to admit he wore it and made it clear that lying would not be tolerated. No sense punishing him the week before Christmas though.

Now for the drama! His mother called me this morning. When this woman calls you, it's never a good thing. Through all her badmouthing of my uncle and his wife I saw her motive. She tried to make me feel bad about how his cousins had gotten all worked up about seeing him for Christmas and that his dad "abandoned him" during the holidays and that he'll spend them alone ("not that you don't count but what if you weren't there! What would my baby have done!?") and so on. In passing she asked if my uncle had left my cousin's passport anywhere. In my mind I'm going "Oh, hell no. I'm not sending him without his father's permission". Plus, I didn't want him going in the first place. I don't know where his passport is and I'm not going to look for it. Apparently she's going to drive over to where my uncle is and is going to tell them both off. This ought to be fun, especially because I tried calling him to warn him but they're not answering the number they left me. Why leave me an "emergency contact number" if you're not going to answer it?

I also go reprimanded by my boss for not being in the office the past few days while I'm babysitting. Whatever. If I cared any less about this job I'd quit. I wonder what they'll say when I have no more rental car next week and CAN'T make it to the office. Hopefully this other job will pan out. It pays far better and isn't a 100 mile daily commute plus $8 in tolls.

1 comment:

Aek said...

Awww, drama sucks. :-( I hope everything pans out, including the job.