Monday, November 9, 2009

Long overdue update


If any of you have been following on Twitter, you probably already know what's been going on lately. If not then it's about time I fill you in! Sorry that I haven't updated lately, nothing major has been going on at all.

First big update, I got the job 3 months ago. I fucking hate it. Bet you didn't expect that one. The job blows though. I'm the only real developer. My boss used to have my job but he's a shitty developer as far as I'm concerned. I was told there were 5 developers...bullshit. There are 5 people at the company that can muddle their way through code, that does not make one a developer. That and nobody has any clue what the development cycle should be like. Plan FIRST, code after, not the other way around!

Next update, I'm fucking depressed. Maybe it's my job carrying over into the real world, maybe it's that I'm just a whiner. All I know is that I'm not content with where I'm at in life. People tell me to be patient, that I'm still young and that I'm doing well for my age. Why the fuck can't I afford to move out yet then? What about being upto my eyeballs in student loans and credit card debt? Wonderful.

I just feel like something is missing. I didn't feel this way when I had a girlfriend, maybe that's the missing piece. Then again, my previous girlfriends didn't work out well and caused me far more grief in the end than it was really worth.

Let's try thinking about the good times recently. I went to Six Flags on Halloween with my little cousin. That was fun. We went on rides til we were bored and we couldn't walk anymore. On a sidenote he's got a girlfriend now. Oddly enough I'm a tad jealous. I used to be the person he'd look forward to seeing every week, now she's taken that spot. He deserves it, though, as long as he doesn't get in any trouble. Whatever gets his mind off of his dysfunctional family life and is healthy for him (not drugs or gangs) is ok by me. They've been going to the movies on Friday nights. It's kinda cute, really. Like I said, he needs his mind off of his shitty stepmother and a father that's far too laid back. Those two things together are a recipe for disaster. I try to be a buffer and hopefully it does him some good. His grades have certainly improved over the last year, which I can only hope is a direct result of my involvement, at least my uncle thinks so.

Quite honestly, my uncle and cousin are the only people keeping me sane as of late. It keeps me distracted; gives me something to do. Otherwise I'd be feeling sorry for myself at home 7 days a week, instead I'm doing that 5 times a week. I guess it's an improvement though, right? I'll take what I can get.

-Crash

2 comments:

Aek said...

Good to see you post again. :-) I had just assumed you stopped blogging and transitioned to Twitter.

It sucks that you're the only real developer there, that must be sooo frustrating. :-/

I'm glad you're enjoying your time with your little cousin. That's definitely a saving grace.

Planetx_123 said...

I'm sorry that I have lost touch with your blog and twitter. That sucks about the job... I am in a similar situation, we have nothing but fools who think they are developers after reading a c++ book...they don't understand anything about software engineering.

Hope things get better!
Steve