Monday, July 13, 2009

iSkin Fuze

I ordered the Fuze late last week and was eagerly awaiting my new toy. What I got, though, was a box full of disappointment. Here is my email to customer service:

I have to say that I'm not satisfied with the iSkin Fuze for many reasons. Whether I want to return it or not will be dictated by what I think over the next few days of use but as of right now I can tell you I feel the item was misrepresented.

Having owned the iSkin Revo and iSkin Revo2 and having been satisfied with both purchases I chose to buy the iSkin Fuze. To my understanding it was supposed to be a soft interior (I thought it would be like the Revo2 only thinner) and a hard exterior. To my surprise, all I got was a hard shell with a soft plastic flap to cover the docking port.

The Fuze was said to have a screen cover to protect the screen but also be usable, a "touch friendly screen guard". This is most certainly not the case. The screen guard hampers use of the iPhone and any press on the screen must be very deliberate or it will not register. Forget typing quickly as you will miss roughly 50% of your keys. I took that off quite quickly, actually it began to come off on its own when I was putting the case on. Luckily it was held on by nearly no adhesive.

The buttons on my phone are now hard to press and have no feedback due to the case's hard plastic covers for them. Unlike the Revo and Revo2, the Fuze's hard plastic button covers have you guessing as to whether the button even got pressed when only the slightest pressure would've otherwise sufficed.

Again, I'm not certain as to my case's fate as of yet but the next few days will decide whether I can get used to this or not. Having owned the Revo, Revo2, RevoClip, and Fuze, I have to say I've only really been satisfied with the Revo and Revo2 to date. The RevoClip was terribly bulky and impractical to carry around and the Fuze may not have been a let-down if I hadn't owned the other two cases. It's not, however, worth the $45 I paid.

No comments: