Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Addiction and all that

Sooo...I'm addicted to my iPhone. I'm seriously considering becoming an iPhone developer, maybe release an app or two on the AppStore. We'll see how all that goes. I'm downloading iPC, it's OSX for a PC, for my desktop. Hopefully it'll be done in an hour or so and I'll get on installing that tonight and be well on my way to playing with stuff this week.

I'm thinking of flying to Florida for a week or so to visit my brother since he's been bugging me to go visit him. He moved from NJ to FL a while back and he's wanted me to visit, on top of that my dad flew in from Colombia and is staying with him. I honestly don't want to see my dad, I'm doing it because my brother asked me to visit and I never had the time. He also asked me to visit my dad so I figure I'll do that and get it over with. Oddly enough I respect my brother more than my dad even though I saw him less than I did my dad. My brother is about 20 years older than me (more, I think) but we became pretty close over the past few years.

It seems a lot of us second generation "kids" have a resentment towards the first generation. I'm not saying they were bad people, a lot of them just suck as human beings. My dad had 3 chances to get parenting right. I can honestly say he got it wrong all 3 times. Hell, my brother and sister (both 20 years or so older than me) don't refer to him as "dad", they call him by his nickname; they may as well call him by his name. I'm not saying all my uncles are failures. There are stories of great loyalty among my uncles just like there are a few crazy (no, seriously) ones and some we don't speak of. It's interesting if you're an observer on the outside. I try not to be judgmental, though, except in the cases I know of first hand.

Interesting how I just went from iPhone to daddy issues, and no, not that kind.

-Crash

1 comment:

Aek said...

Yes, that was a random progression.

Wow, think about it - your brother is almost old enough to be your own dad. O_O Fascinating.