Friday, June 19, 2009

An interesting day

Yesterday was different. I woke up after a restless night. I haven't really slept well, until last night anyway. There was a hell of a storm that night and I enjoyed it. Unfortunately people here litter so when there's too much water in the river they shut down the water treatment plant so no garbage jams up the equipment which means no water.

I turned on the water and it just trickled down. I had to fill up a bucket (it took about 5 minutes) and then use the water I had collected to bathe. At least I was clean.

I got my contact lenses yesterday. I think I'm finally used to them. As usual my phone kept me sane through the day.

I thought my grandmother would die yesterday. She was seeing dead people and asked for a priest. She's still hanging in there though. She really should let go. There's nothing left for her but pain and morphine and her body's already building up a tolerance.

I leave tomorrow night. I love it here but these circumstances just plain suck. I just want to go home. Normally I'd be able to stay months on end but right now I just can't take the tension, the lack of sleep, even the heat that I already about about is getting to me.

Anyway, later


-Crash

1 comment:

Aek said...

:( It sucks that you weren't going under better circumstances. I hope you find the relief you're looking for when you get back home.