Monday, December 8, 2008

I Don't Get It

There's really no way to put this better than "I should be pulled over a LOT more often".

I'm cruising along at 80MPH on the parkway and it's not terribly fast.  I'm passing cars but not incredibly quickly.  At one point I pass a little old civic with a bigger tail pipe than stock.  I can tell by the look of it that it's somebody I can have fun with.  He doesn't bite and I don't do anything more than pass him like all the other cars.

A few minutes later I see these headlights coming up "fast".  I'm doing 80 still and this car is going faster than me.  Etiquette says to let him pass but he's not going fast enough to let him pass because there's a car in front of me that I want to get around.  I go around it and the civic still hasn't passed me.  Now I'm just wondering that the hell is going on but I continue on my way as I had been.  He decided to FINALLY pass me after a few minutes but I watched him do it so slowly that I was able to watch, wait, change my mind after a few seconds and go.  He didn't really stand much of a chance.  I slowed down after 30 seconds or so and declared victory with my hazards.  He was still catching up, slowed down a bit, then guns it again.  As I'm doing 80 and he's passing me I see aftermarket gauges lighting up his car.  This was just plain hilarious because my car is completely stock.

He took so long to get away from me that I, again, changed my mind.  I decided to play with him again.  He was in the left lane flooring it.  I came up behind him and the poor little car just couldn't get enough speed.  He was forced to let me pass.  I hate Hondas just for the sole fact that they've become synonymous with teenage drivers.  Every punk driving one wants to race.  I'll give him one.  My car doesn't even break 200HP or 200ft-lb at the flywheel (let alone the wheels) which just makes it all the funnier.  Hmm, maybe I should rethink the supercharger I wanted to get.  This can only lead to trouble.

No comments: