Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The cycle continues

Pride will be my biggest asset or my downfall. I'm not yet sure which it is.

After 2 months and 2 weeks at my current job I'm ready to beat people's skulls into their desks for lack of common sense, lack of knowledge of the tehnologies they were hired for, and lack of planning on the websites we've been tasked with building. I'm going to stick it out the rest of the week before telling the recruiter that I'm no longer willing to finish out my contract. Luckily NJ has at-will employment, that means I can quit at will and they can also fire me at will.

I take pride in what I do because it's what I love. Even if it wasn't, it's my job, I get paid to do this. I might as well do it right. Apathy is setting in and I'm no longer willing to fight. If I don't have the will to fight for my code, best practices, or the security of the website (or lack thereof) then I'm no longer an asset to the company. Furthermore, this website will do nothing to further my career. It's not something to be proud of so I will most likely not mention it as prior experience.

In that case, why am I here? Time to start job hunting again.


-Crash

6 comments:

Seth said...

Awwww... I'm sorry to hear that, it totally sucks. I know all about it though - same thing at my job lately. You can only bang your head against the wall so many times.

I hope you won't quit until you find something else, though. And I hope you find something much better and more to your liking.

Also I hope everything else is going well for you.

*hugs*

Aek said...

Well, that sucks. :-/

Best of luck hunting for a job that really gets you excited/motivated in the morning to go in. I suppose that's something many of us seek, and I do hope you find it sooner rather than later.

Classifieds php script said...

This is the first time I am visiting your post and found it really interesting and useful. I appreciate your work here. Keep up.

Alojamiento Miramar said...

Simply put i surfed by way of your website as i designed to end up keen on just one elements as well as the detail. Gathered solid creative practices appropriate that follows! Let’s hope you do not pointers generally if i refer to your during my own blogging and site-building location web content inside the long haul

ayuda para dejar de fumar said...

Wow, that’s what I was exploring for, what a data! present here at this blog, thanks admin of this website.

Unknown said...

All a great, work so fine together that's really good, thank you all again and also to find a different way, at once a pleasure
Curation Software