Friday, January 29, 2010

The More Things Change...

The more they stay the same.

I'm quite annoyed right now. My cousin hasn't come home yet and it's 7. I asked my uncle where his son is and he simply responds with "I don't know. He didn't call me or anything." I wait an hour or so and proceeded to prod my uncle again. "You may want to find out where you son is." I say to him only to get some lame excuse I expect from his son. I hand him my phone and have him call his son, who doesn't answer. He calls his son's friend who also doesn't pick up. I ask him if he's got his son's friend's mom's number and he tells me "He never gave it to me." Seriously? This is your rationale? How about fucking following up on this shit? It's your kid and he spends time at this person's house, shouldn't you have their goddamn number? It sure as hell isn't his kid's top priority so he needs to make sure he, as both adult AND parent, gets that number.

Come to think of it he's probably at the skating rink (who knew those would be cool again?) but still, my uncle's apathy is appalling. I'm not even sure I could describe it as apathy, I know he cares about his son but he's just so laid back about this it's truly bordering on disturbing. I thought things would change, I see I thought wrong. I've stopped being the parent and he filled the role for 2 weeks but that seems to be his limit. I refuse to play parent anymore. Bryan will simply end up hating me for being so strict and I will be the only one to blame should his upbringing be questioned.

I think I may have to walk away from this situation and hope it turns out for the best. I truly hate the idea but I'm not sure I can do anything more.

Let's change the subject. I'll be delivering the check for the car tomorrow and then I just need to register the car. I'll be driving my M3 soon. I start my new job on Monday and hopefully I'll be moving into my apartment in April. Things are looking up for my independence. I'm making some serious money (hopefully I'll be hired full time, this is a 6 month contract with possibility of hire) and hopefully my debt should be severely reduced over the course of the next year. Let's see what happens.

4 comments:

Aek said...

Wow, that really sucks to hear about your cousin and your uncle. But it's not your job, you've done what you can, so you're justified in not taking on a burden that isn't yours to begin with.

Anyway, hurray about the car and the new job! I hope everything works out well for you!! :-)

Just said...

This is how my son found out !! Daddy doesn't play .. I had these numbers. He just decide he could go elsewhere..Landed him at home for a year! Things happen in a instance, I had no ideal where to look .. best freaking money I every spend was two way radio's .. wouldn't pick up mobile. But it was awesome to bug Dad on the radio... ( I didn't care I knew where he was... and that all I wanted ) After that year he was really good about not going anywhere with out telling me... then grew out of it again sigh.... It will work out with cousin is very nerve racking ... wish you luck on car and job man ...
Lee

Seth said...

Sometimes, there is only so much you can do. Not that you should not keep trying, but you might have to just let things go on the way they are, upsetting as that is. Sadly, so many parents these days are... lax, and well, things just aren't what they should be.

Otherwise, good for you that things are looking good and some positive news.

IKEA Descuentos said...

Thank you for sharing this content, that is nice one…. I prefer it a lot and Hope other people might enjoy it also.